It’s not always easy to tell why you’re feeling like you do after being online. Take some time to go through your social media feed to work out what’s making you feel good, and what’s not. Here’s 9 tips to help you have a more positive time online:
- Clean Your Feed – Try unfollowing or muting accounts that annoy you, upset you, or take up too much of your time.
- Check Yourself – Check your mood before using social media. Ask yourself: is social media going to make me feel better or worse right now?
- Take A Break – Remember: You don’t need to be everywhere. Try deleting one app for a week and see what happens.
- Limit Your Time – Try reducing your social media time before you go to sleep and when you first wake up.
- Think Before You Post – First ask yourself: am I doing something positive for myself and those that see this?
- Find Your Crowd – Find accounts that share your interests and excite you! Explore your passions.
- Avoid Negative Spaces – Avoid online places that encourage you to do harmful things. If you’re struggling online, talk to someone you trust.
- Say Hey – You never know what someone is going through and, whether you realise it or not, your support could make all the difference.
- Make A Change – What change would you like to see in the world? Use your feed to support the causes you care about and help make them happen.